Brand and product knowledge, or ability to sell yourself. What do you think is more important?
- Both are required when it comes to selling, but incase if you do not have the ability to sell no matter how good your product knowledge is, you won’t able to sell that.In my perspective Ability to sell is more important than anything.
- Both are like both eyes. We cannot say which one is more important. You can see or sell with one but not effectively.
- Brand Knowledge gives you a confidence when client ask cross question..
- Product knowledge can carry you in selling, but some people will only be convinced by a good salesman. Being a good salesman also transfers over to other careers, so it’s better for you in the long run.
- First and foremost, a good salesperson needs to sell him/herself before selling his/her product/service but good product knowledge goes a long way in ensuring that the deal is closed and the sale is made.
- I believe both are very important but if I had to pick just one I would pick the “Ability to Sell Yourself”. This is always the first step in gaining and winning trust from a prospect.